REGISTRATION is now open for the 2016 Fall Training Symposium! We have dedicated our focus to Social Media Investigations, and are excited to have a variety of presenters that are going to share their expertise in this area! 2016 Fall Symposium Schedule
- We will have representatives from the Virginia DMV and Virginia Lottery explaining how they can offer resources to law enforcement
- Intelligence members from the VA State Police and our very own VCAN President Jennifer Godown will share tips and tricks with social media searches that have helped crack cases in the past
- Det. Mike Nickolas will break down the unknown dark web, an arena that criminals are tapping into to increase their illegal activity
- Kirby Plessas will share essential social media techniques that will streamline investigations
- Our lunch sponsor, GeoFeedia, will be sharing the benefits to their social media investigative tool
- We’re keeping lunchtime crime analysis BINGO! AND we will be having crime analysis Trivia!
- You can still preorder VCAN logo items with a credit card for pick-up at the symposium. You will still be able to pay for logo items with cash or check on the day of the symposium.
- Swag Combo 1: (1) lunch tote, (1) ceramic coffee mug, (1) ink pen and (1) note pad for just $15!!
- Swag Combo 2: (1) ceramic coffee mug, (1) ink pen and (1) note pad for just $11!!
- VCAN Challenge Coins: $10
- If you can’t make the conference, but have by DYING to get your hands on some VCAN swag, you can order it here!
- Once you have registered:
- Please add the symposium date to your calendar
- If you register and fail to attend without notice, you will not be permitted to register for the 2017 Spring Symposium
- Registration substitutions will not be permitted. We anticipate yet another wait list and will fill any registration cancellations on a first come, first serve basis from the wait list.